Doesn't Save Desktop Changes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
C

crazyonskis

:confused: Say I make a desktop change, like changing the icons on the desktop to be sorted by name, this works, but when I turn off the computer and turn it on again, those changes are like they never happened, the icons are in the order that they were before. The same thing goes for the taskbar, there are always the links and addresses toolbars coming up on reboot, so I delete them and put in the quick launch toolbar on the taskbar, it works, but when I restart the computer, the links and addresses toolbars come back, without the quick launch. I hope some1 can help! Thanx!

i don't know what to do about your toolbars but a nifty FREE program that lets you save your Desktop Icon layout and restore it when something messes with it:

Icon Restore 1.0

http://download.com.com/3000-2347-10163500.html

It works on 95 through XP. i've got it on my 98 and XP systems and it has proven very handy. -- Especially if you're like me and have between 25 and 70 icons on my desktops in a particular order that i desire. It hasn't failed me yet and sure beats having to rearrange icons by hand.

Have you tried changing them and once that is complete right click again and lock the desktop icons ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online