Doing Away With a Peer to Peer Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FZWG

Had two PCs connected through a router on a wired peer to peer network. There is also a connection to a cable modem, and the PC has a 10/100 SMC 1211TX card.

Experiencing some browser problems, and would like to do away with the peer to peer network. The second PC is not even used any longer.

How is this accomplished (getting rid of the network)?

If there is some website out there with some instructions? Would appreciate any guidance. Not knowledgeable about networks.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
If you were sharing files between the two. Just turn off File and Print sharing. Other than it doesn't make much a difference what you od.

FZWG

There are no configuration changes to take care of???

FZWG

:p

Hey, on an Ethernet 10/100 card with 3 lights in back.

Aren't those lights supposed to be on, even if there is no cable connected to it, or do the light come on when the cable is hooked up?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
No lights with no cable as a rule. Usually lights for 10/100 speed, activity, and link integrity. I think my Netgear cards have 5 LED's, and all are off when I yank the cable.

FZWG

Thanks for the info and the links.

Getting an education here!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online