1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dolby Audio Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chevix, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chevix

Chevix Thread Starter

Hi, everytime I startup my computer, I get a pop up error from Dolby Audio Player saying: "Unable to start Dolby audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists." I still have sound so I haven't considered it a big issue but I would like to solve it. Obviously restarting the computer does not work. What do I need to do to fix this?

I am running Windows 7 64x Bit on an Acer Aspire 5750.

2. Chevix

Chevix Thread Starter

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Windows drivers don't display a popup when they don't work. So the pop is malware or related to some software that you have installed.

Check Add and Remove programs for "Dolby Audio Player".

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Certain drivers do have software such as control panels that do throw up errors. The Dolby audio software is one of them and it's very easily broken by any audio driver changes. You can either uninstall it or try reinstalling the Realtek audio drivers from the Acer site and hope it fixes the Dobly software, if not just uninstall the Dolby software from Programs and Features.

5. Chevix

Chevix Thread Starter

Triple6 thank you for the reply. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling it since i found the software on their website.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1108403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice