1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dolby Digital as Default Output

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nickolasj80, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickolasj80

nickolasj80 Thread Starter

I am currently running Vista, SP1. Sound chip is a RealTek HD output through SPDIF (coax), run to my AV receiver.

How do I get windows to output all audio (including windowd default sounds) to Dolby Digital? Right now it outputs everything to 2.0 PCM. I have enabled digital output (spdif), and DD and DTS in the control panel. I have done the test, and heard the tone on all channels (and when it does the tones, Dolby Digital kicks in of course, but then goes back to PCM after the test).

I know digital out is working because like I said, it does the test in DD, and also, I have installed AC3 Filter, and when I play movies, the audio switches to Dolby.

Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice