1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

domain and email hosting question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TypeSK, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TypeSK

TypeSK Thread Starter

ok. i registered my domain through network solutions .... i have hosting of my domain through www.IMhosted.com and my main email is from my domain name ([email protected]) so thus, my email is hosted through IMhosted.

well, im happy with the service, just, the email sucks. for example, i do not receive alot of mail whatsoever to my email address. like in one message board, i dont receive any email at all (yet, if i change my email address, i start receiving it again). i think its starting to do this here, where im not getting any email notifications for replies (i have an email in the other software forums that received replies for the past 2 days, and yet i havent received any notifications...and yes, everything is set right). even from people, who send me mail, never comes through. sometimes, mail that was sent to me, never gets routed to my email, and just falls to my default catchall address (where, if any mail is sent to the domain, even if the email address doesnt exist, it will be routed to a default "CatchAll" email address).

this is kinda ticking me off.

so question is. am i able to host my domain at one address, yet, have my email hosted at another place? any ideas how to do this? prices?

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice