1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Domain Controller - More Questions :)

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by davida50000, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davida50000

davida50000 Thread Starter

I have been playing with Domain Controllers on my virtual machines for a couple of days now, i am finding it a little overwhelming but im starting to understand it a little now (i think)...

I just have a few more questions :)

1. When you delete an item to the Recycle bin it appears to vanish into thin air, is there any way i can recover the items from the recycle bin, or would it be possible to make all deleted items go to a location on the server so that they can be recovered later if needed....

2. Is there any way i can make a default desktop? Ill use my College as an Example: When we logon all the desktop icons are organised is a particular order....we can delete the icons, create more icons, move them around etc...however when we log off and back on again, they are back to the default setting, how would i go about setting this type of thing up?

3. At the moment if a Windows update becomes available it says you need administrative permissions to be able to install them, is there a way i can give users certain rights to update and install certain software to the computer, if so then how would i go about doing this ?

4. I have been using the Group Policy Manager obviously to apply policies to groups, however i have found to make any changes happen i run gpupdate/force, do i also need to run this on the client computers? Because i have found that i need to restart the client computers to get most policies i change to update...If i do need to run the command, is there anyway i can do it from the server instead of having to go to each individual client computer...

5. I use software that allows me to remote access each computer, issue commands etc, its called NetOP.... Is there any way i can get this software to start running when the computer is turned on (and the logon screen is showing) without any users actually having to login for it to load the software?

I THINK that this is all the questions i have for the moment...Anyone who is able to help, i appreciate it very much! :)

2. Callum_Dawson

Callum_Dawson

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice