Domain Controllers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DVation

We have a primary and secondary domain controller on our network. We use a windows 2000 exchange server as our primary controller and another server as our secondary controller. to start, the active directories are not the same, as they should be between the two servers. how do i fix that?

the other problem I am starting to have is that the Windows xp client machines can't find the domain after being rebooted. I end up having to rejoin the domain in order to get the client machines to log on. If the client logs off, without rebooting, logging back onto the domain is no problem. I think this has something to do with the clients trying to log onto the secondary controller for some reason, and since the active directories arent sync'd, its only causing more problems...can anyone shed some light on the subject? thanks.

Hey DVation, sounds like you need to force replication for Active Directory between your Primary and Secondary domain controllers. Only members of Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins groups can perform this function unless you have been delegated the appropropriate permissions.
Refer to the following link for details:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...2003/proddocs/entserver/dssite_force_repl.asp
As far as your XP machines go, make sure that your DNS suffix for each PC is correct and that your IP, DNS, and Gateway addresses are correct. Windows 2000/XP use DNS for name resolution in an Active Directory environment. Also, is Active Directory running in Mixed Mode or Native Mode?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online