1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Domain Forwarding????

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by needhelp123, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Thread Starter

I can't seem to get my web redirect feature to work, what IP's for Domain Name Servers do I need to put in? my newly purchased URL is cmsbasketball.net which I want to forward to www.eteamz.com/cmsbasketball? Please send me help!

[email protected]

2. Rockn

Rockn

Where is the cmsbasketball.net hosted at? If you are hosting it you can set up your web server to redirect or put it in the code for your home page. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting a domain name

3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Thread Starter

cmsbasketball.net is not hosted, I just want it to be you put cmsbasketball.net in and it automatically sends you to eteamz.com/cmsbasketball, so I don't need hosting I don't think, currently i put in cmsbasketball.net in and nothing happens, do I need to mess with the servers or something? i know that my IP to my site is 128.167.80.31

Thanks for you help

[email protected]

4. Rockn

Rockn

You need to mess with the web server. If your cmsbasketball.net is a registered domain name it shouldn't be a problem.

5. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

You would have to get eteamz.com to put in the redirect. Mostly likely you don't have access to the operation system on the server to allow you to enter the redirect. Once eteamz.com makes the changes it will be broadcast to all the DNSes on the Internet.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice