1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

domain help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by nipunahasanka, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nipunahasanka

nipunahasanka Thread Starter

i have launched a new web site 4/04/2011 . But i cant reach web site directly in srilanka. I used www.lankaoil.com proxyserver web site to view my site. By using it i can view my site and boltmobile browser can reach my web site. It is still devoloping. Please any one try to log my site. If you can view my site plz reply my tread. Why i cant my web site in srilanka.? Help me slove this problem.

My new web url is http://www.freewebmastersupport.com

Plz helpme.

My error msg is .

'Could not locate remote server You tried to access the address http://www.freewebmaste ... which is currently unavailable.
    Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelt and punctuated, then try reloading the page. Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.'

2. ehymel

ehymel

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Server not found error for me

4. ehymel

ehymel

Interesting that the downforeveryoneorjustme.com site says your site is down as well. Like I said though, it works for me. Hope you get it working, looks like a nice site design!

5. nipunahasanka

what is this problem

6. ehymel

ehymel

this is a date in the future, so I'm assuming this is a typo and that you "launched" the website January 4, 2011.

I see that you registered the domain name with your nameserver (ns6.lankahost.biz) yesterday (January 4, 2011). It does take time for the internet's name servers to propogate the IP address of your domain name.

Likely the only "problem" is that you haven't given the 'net enough time to find your site. Give it 48 hours, and the problem will probably go away.

7. nipunahasanka

Ya, yah 4/04/2011 is typing mistake. Its 4th of january 2011(+6 GMT)
    Why net takes 48 hours? But who in use related countries why they can shows it?

8. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

I can see the website, it just takes time for a brand new website to propagate throughout the internet world. More like 3 days, but it will finally find it's way to all of the isp's out there.

9. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Still down for me -- looks like your name servers (ns5.lankahost.biz) isn't returning any DNS information...

10. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Working now for me.0600 GMT 6th January

11. nipunahasanka

Sometimes works it and some times down for me and all. Now its workin time is now 11.00pm (+5.30 GMT) but at 3.00pm(+5.30 GMT) it not work? What i do slove this?
    Help me.

12. ehymel

ehymel

There is nothing to solve!

At 3pm to you, the name servers were not updated. Now at 11pm, name servers are updated. It should work from now going forward.

13. nipunahasanka

In the sameday at 8.am working correctly after about 11am not working. Afterthat again works now. This is the my problem.

14. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    You need to talk to your web host -- it looks like a problem with their DNS server.

15. nipunahasanka

I talked with them. They says nothing a problem with them and they send me a screenshot site working correctly. My main domain is lankavision.com i added this domain as an addon domain. Is it must be a problem?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice