Domain IDs in local group show SID not the actual name

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patriotzhou

Hi Guys,

Can please help with this issue?We had two windows 7 machines have this issue:
Domain IDs in local groups show SID not the actual name.
Please see the screenshot.
The rest windows 7 machines all ok.
These two PCs connected to our domain and have network connection.They are using the same image as other PCs.

Thank you.

Attachments

Welcome to TSG!

Is the SID the correct one for the Domain? Windows only displays the SID if it can't find it in the User Database, as it has no friendly name to Display in that case.
Could just be a corrupted entry for whatever reason.

Remove those two groups/accounts and re-add them.

The first (ending in -512) is the Domain Admins group
The last one (ending in -98061) is not a well known RID, but if other systems are showing the names, should be easy enough to re-add the correct group/account

patriotzhou

Hi, as I mentioned,only two PCs had the issue,the rest PCs all ok.
On these two PCs ,I already tried to readd the groups,but still showed SID.
And these two PCs able to use AD users and groups MMC.
The 2nd SID is one of our admin groups inside AD.

Thank you.

How odd. Only other time I've seen something like this is when the Computer Account for the PC was corrupted. It was actually logging on using cached credentials, but you couldn't actually access any domain resources. So the system was unable to resove the DIS to the Frienly name. Removing the PC from the domain, then rejoining cleared that up for me.

Sounds like these two systems are not having that problem, but might give that a try anyway. Just a shot in the dark, but easy to try.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online