Domain name registration & Web hosting (what's the difference?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chem3

Hi,

It's me again! the inquiring member loaded with questions:

1- What is registering a domain? Don't web-hosting sites give you your domain or subdomain name when they host your website? will it be necessary to register your domain name after it's hosted by a web-hosting company?

2- As an example, let's take "optinom" (a domain-names registration company) assuming that I don't have a website yet (actually, without assuming I don't have one yet), I go and register my own domain name at optinom domains, so what? What do I have now after I got my domain name registered? Will I get a storage space for hosting my website as I register my domain name at a domain-names registration company or I'll just get the NAME? Are registering a domain and hosting a website two separate independent processes?

3- Some domain registering sites say that after registering my domain, I will be able to use my own nameservers. What is "my own nameservers"? What can I use them for?
How bad is my knowledge?

I hope that I made myself clear.

Thanks anyway! beforehand!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online