Domain Name

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tarq

I wish to purchase my own personal domain name. Is there anything I can watch out for? Any recommendations you can give me?

Thanks for your help
PS please dont reccomend webhostingtalk

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
Well, domain registering varies quite a bit in pricing.
Some places say under $10, but I think that you have to host with them????
Others are between $25-$50 per year. As far as hosting goes I pay $19.95/mo and I get good tech support and quite a few features for that price.

Make sure you check for a lot of variations of what you want for a name if you can't get exactly what you want.

John

I like godaddy.com. Their prices are great and you do not have to host with them. I have had only good experiences using them so far.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online