1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Domain name

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by scott12345, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scott12345

scott12345 Thread Starter

I went to register my .com and found that it was taken. I checked the ownership and it was purchased 3 years ago by a person in competition with me. He links it to his website. Is there any way for me to stop his using my name to benefit him and link to his website. I am loosing business from his actions. He only wants to sell me my name back. What should I do?:

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Unfortunately there is not much you can do about this online. However if he is maliciously damaging your business and you can prove it, you can always take him to court.

3. scott12345

Thank you. I don't know if anyone has actually gone to his website and decided to just use him after the contact. I would only know if they told me. However, he wants me to purchase the names from him for a profit. Also, after I found out he bought the .com he then purchased the same day I spoke to him, the .net and .org. His is not a very nice person. There should be some laws against this type of internet buying.
    Thanks again!

4. Tstright

Tstright

It's called Free Enterprise.... He just beat you to it...

5. scott12345

He did it with intent to keep business from the competition and there are ethic standards to follow as a Realtor as well as other professions. We must make some laws for this kind of identity theft!

6. Tstright

Tstright

I understand what your saying... but your more than likely to get no where with this.
    Unless your willing to "buy" them off of Him.

7. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  8. Andible

Andible Guest

You could always just buy it back off him?!?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice