1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Domain Names

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DJ [email protected], Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DJ P@CkMaN

DJ [email protected] Thread Starter

hey everyone..
    i know this is a bit, ummmmmmmmmm, IMPOSSIBLE, :p but i thought i'd ask cuz u just never know..... does anyone know where i could get a free domin name??? i know its probably non-existant but i want to try. its for a clan site for counter-strike, enough to want a domain, cuz we r quite good, but i dont want to pay because it is only a computer game?? if anyone can help that would be great, also does anyone know of any web hosting sites with frontpage 2002 extesions installed, again free??
    thank you everyone

2. RandyG

RandyG

If you do not mind being a sub-domain name, then netfirms has a service that you might appreciate.

http://www.netfirms.com/signup

Free domain name with address like ???????.netfirms.com

they also do Email aliasing, and you get 25 MB webspace.

http://www.netfirms.com/tour

No cost, but it has a banner at the top advertising their service.

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

A domain only costs $35 a year. If you have 5 people who want this, that's only $7 per person a year. If you want a domain name, buy one. You can't get one for free. If $35 is just way too much to spend, your only other option is a sub-domain name like RandyG suggests.

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

for web hosting, see 100 best free
    caution: most have smallish transfer limits these days, read the fine print - what do you want for free?

5. DJ P@CkMaN

DJ [email protected] Thread Starter

its okay.. i was mainly looking for a host that had MS FrontPage 2002 Extensions and hypermart has that so its all i was looking for

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice