domain not available

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lost-NCyberspace

I'm trying to rejoin a user to their appropriate domain. I moved the user to 'work group' TEST2 and rebooted, tried to set to 'domain' and the appropriate server but, message says that local machine is not a member. This machine was experiencing a problem '** domain not available'. I've moved from domain to workgroup and back to domain before to solve this problem - not working this time. We replaced the NIC because the lights weren't flashing when the drop was pinged OK using a 'PingerPlus'.

Any suggestions? :confused:

The company I provide service for has a knowledge base to answer these problems but, I'm now a contractor without access to it.

Lost-NCyberspace

What are friends for? Thanks for the replies, didn't get a chance to look before coming home. (Did I bring work home with me?)

Seems that XP forgot that it had a NIC, after replacing the NIC (unnecessarily) I had the same problem. Gave device manager a try; uninstalled the NIC/reinstalled the NIC. Went back to 'Computer Name' and successfully rejoined the domain.

Thanks all,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online