1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Domain Questions, no problem just questions.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Sealclubber, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sealclubber

Sealclubber Thread Starter

Hey guys, you might of seen a post or two about me not able to get our domain to use GPO's, but its all fixed now. YAY !
    (It was the DNS, incase anyone was interested)

but now i got a few questions, i'll start with:

1. Is there anyway to configure a client by just having them log onto the domain? e.g. Disable Security Center, Windows Messanger, Add a Registry hack. etc.

2. Is there anyway to view a list of all websites visited on the network with information, eg. Who was looking at it(which user), at what time. etc

3. Is there a way to record a list of all objects printed from our print server with information? e.g. User that printed it, time it was printed, how many pages, how many copys. etc.

4. Is there a way to delete start menu files/folders with a logon script?

5. I'm going to put "Deep Freeze" on the computers that are accessed and used by the public, but i've never used it, nor have any experience with it.
    Does it cause any problems with normal operation of the computer? if anyone could give me some feedback on this, i'd love to hear it.

Also, is it possible to get more then just 6 Virtual Drives on a computer?

i mean, isn't there 23 possible drives?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/367564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice