1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

domain user needs to map home drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zillah, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

Dear Experts

I have got my work laptop (windows 7) that was configured to access a domain work.

When I log in to my laptop the username that was assigned to me is like that : country\d50001122,,,,,,,,made it up and password is : forum

When I am at home I want to backup my work from the laptop to a network drive on my home desktop computer (called storage1).

On my desktop computer I tried to create a username d50001122 ( I removed the country with slash) and with same domain password.

Then I enabled the sharing and the security on my home drive.

I tried from my laptop to access that drive but error message pops us :

Did i miss something ? is that error because of user is a domain user ?

Regards

2. valis

valis Moderator

have you contacted your net admin?

Just as an FYI, about 4 months ago we let go a very senior person in my company for doing exactly what you are doing. He got tagged for theft, as well as a SOX violation. So unless you have express written permission to take work home ESPECIALLY IT work, I'd be very, very leery.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1108077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice