1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Domain User

Discussion in 'Networking' started by G-Stress, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Stress

G-Stress Thread Starter

I have a domain setup for learning purposes via VMWare. I have 2k3 as DC with 2 XP clients. I have created a local account on one of the XP clients as G-Stress and that is the only additional account I created on that VM. My problem is I created several accounts on the DC, but when I try to login with any account other then G-Stress on the XP client it says the domain is unavailable?

I'm sure I'm missing something just not sure what. As far as the accounts on the DC their all setup with default options. I did see that they are all set as "Local Path" which kind of confuses me.

What I'm wanting to do is to be able to log onto the domain with any account on either of the XP clients. Do I have to create every account on the XP clients as well as the DC?

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Did you join the XP client to the domain? Do you see the XP workstation as a machine account in active directory?

3. G-Stress

G-Stress Thread Starter

Yes I did join the client XP1 to the domain and I do see it listed in AD. All the user accounts in AD have the same settings the only difference is passwords.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice