Domain Users and Info Bar ro ActiveX or Addons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Severcool

So i was messing with the Domain GPO's. I disallowed the toolbar upgrade GPO. Then my users started complaining they couldn't get access to websites they needed as the information bar didn't show for installing addons and activex. well i went back and removed the GPO but they still don't see the Info Bar at all.

I did a GPUPDATE /Force and then rebooted to no avail.

Am i missing something?

peterh40

Peter
I assume that the toolbar was a deployed MSI of an application in the GPO?
If so, in the properties of the applicaiton MSI settings, did you specify to remove/uninstall the application if the machine was outside the scope of the application?

Severcool

no the toolbars were already installed by the user. they are toolbars like - ask.com and mywebsearch.

i was trying to disable toolbars from a GPO and i read that was the correct setting to apply to disable toolbars in IE.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online