Don’t have any network adapters

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Handellpz

On my Lenovo pc WiFi or Ethernet will not show up I’ve rebooting and they still won’t show up

TerryNet

Terry
Did they ever show up?

I assume that you are talking about Device Manager--they are not under Network Adapters and not showing anywhere with an error or warning.

TerryNet

Terry
Your title says, "Don’t have any network adapters." I'm looking for confirmation.

TerryNet

Terry
Do you have an ethernet cable connected? Any LEDs light when you connect the cable?

Couriant

James
Your Realtek Controller would be your Ethernet and it has a yellow warning. So more than likely your driver is not working correctly. One option is to remove the device in Device Manager (right click on the Realtek one, then Uninstall device. Don't remove the drivers if prompted) then reboot the computer and see if Windows will reinstall it correctly.

If this is a branded machine, what make and model is it? (I.E. Dell OptiPlex 7010)

Handellpz

thanks James it’s finally working thank you so much.

Edit: so now it works with Ethernet but when I take it out all the WiFi networks disappear

Last edited:

Couriant

James
According to the screenshot you didn't have a wireless adapter installed.

Is this a laptop or desktop? Also check Device Manager again to see if anything has any red x or yellow ! icons.

Handellpz

It’s a laptop and I see no no red or yellow warning signs it’s a lenovo ideapad u430 touch

Couriant

James
Hmm... I don't know if this will help but press the F7 key (airplane mode) and make sure it's not set to Airplane mode: on. Other than that, you may have a bad wireless card, or at the least it's been dislodged from its connector.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online