1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Don't do sum in pivot chart

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by docskidz, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. docskidz

docskidz Thread Starter

I do NOT want pivot chart to SUM values. Here's the scenarios. My db has a table of Lab values (for patients). Say a patient has a Na (sodium) level drawn at 8am and is 145. At noon on the same day he has a repeat Na drawn which is 150. I do not want the total (295) shown on the Pivot Chart. Instead I want both lab results independently shown (1 at 145 and 1 at 150). I'm confident this can be done, I just can't find the answer. The rest of my chart (tables, query, filter, etc) works great.
    Dan

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, welcome to the forum.
    You must always keep in mind that you should at all times mention the version of Excel you're using.
    About your pivot table, instead of showing the Lab Values you could show the time and not the level drawn. In that way you'll have the table showing the different times with the level drawn isntead of cumulating the Levels drawn

3. docskidz

docskidz Thread Starter

Sorry, I'm using Access 2010. Thanks for your reply. I've previously tried your suggestion about using "Time". In the table I concatenate the date & " " & time. It works OK but the problem is then every Na bar (eg 2/1/13 9:00AM, 2/1/13 10:AM etc) has a different color. This would be acceptable except when the chart also has other labs included, say for example K. I would like all the Na's to be one color and all the K's to be another. Maybe I'm asking for too much and maybe it's better to just limit the chart to one lab (K or Na or whatever). At any rate, I thank you very much for your reply.
    BTW, the Lab Name is on the X axis and the Value is on the Y axis. Make sense?

4. docskidz

docskidz Thread Starter

OK, thanks to your suggestion, I have my Pivot Chart working great, EXCEPT for 1 last issue. I am using popup modal forms for my menus. On the Labs Menu I have a command button that invokes the query/pivot chart. When clicked, the Pivot Chart displays properly but behind the Labs Form. I have to close that form to be able to interact with the chart. Is there any way to make the chart a popup in front of the Labs Form? I've tried putting the Chart in it's own form, but not successfully. Maybe that is the route to go but I can't seem to make it work right. Thanks for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice