1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dont have a usb port on laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by billm, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billm

billm Thread Starter

I just got a kodak easyshare digital camera, but my compaq laptop (about 4 years old) does not have any usb ports at all. What are my options? Is there an adapter that I can plug the camera's usb cable into, then plug into a serial port on my laptop? Or do I need to get a usb pc card ( I do have an available slot under my modem pc card), I saw these at BestBuy with two usb ports for about $58. I'm basically looking for the cheapest solution to get my new pics onto my laptop so I can email... soon I will be getting a new PC, so I don't want to spend too much on this solution right now.

2. plschwartz

plschwartz

You should have a pcmcia slot and adapters are made I did a quick search on www.pricegrabber.com for pcmcia usb adapter and got a lot of links $36 and up Get usb 1.1 as it will be cheaper and good enough.

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

They do have cable adapters for serial to usb for about $25.00.
    check out www. techdepot.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice