Don't have local admin password -- XP Bypass needed...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrajoiner

Hey guys - I recently took over as network admin for my company, and I was moving a computer from one domain to the other. Problem is, i have the Domain admin password, and not the local admin password. when I removed the computer from the initial domain into a workgroup - i no longer have access to the computer --

that's what i get for being in a hurry and not thinking things through...

please, please, please help -

mrajoiner

Well, i removed the computer from the domain, without knowing any local passwords. now - -i'm pretty much stuck. I'm searching for a crack or backdoor or something. any help would be enourmously appreciated.

As a Domain Admin, don't you get Local Administrator Access to the computer?
I was thinking that you can log on to the computer as Domain Admin and then just change the password for the local Administrator?

If you get stuck and need to add it back to domain you'll do this easily by using the Domain Administrator account.

Another solution is pretty ugly. Don't remember it quite, so long ago I used it.
Reboot with Setup CD and Repair. Choose to Replace the SAM. Think this was giving the account a blank password, but all other accounts will disappear.
Don't know if this works on W200x though. This was the NT4 years..

mrajoiner

well, the guy here before kinda quit on the company not leaving them w/all the passwords, and things have been kinda hodge podge...i'm digging away at it...thanks

mrajoiner

Yeah, I remember it...i'm trying everything else before I resort to that measure...

There is a free floppy you can get on the Internet that will let you change any local user's password.

Due to conflicting information, I'm not sure if it's ok to post on this forum. So send me an e-mail and I'll send you the link.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online