1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Don't know what these files are!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ankit, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

Hello,

Computer Specs
    Windows 7
    Intel Pentium dual-core CPU p6000
    1.87ghz
    4.0gb Ram

I have these random files in my c drive and I can't seem to figure out if i really need them or not. I have taken a picture of my c drive and was wondering if someone would be able to assist me in figuring these folders out.

Files:
    cfa911942012afe017bd9....
    bdlog
    Iv
    Test
    Perflogs

Thank You.

Attached Files:

2. cyanghost109

cyanghost109

They are most likely files stored by other programs that are or were installed on your computer. Open them up. What do they contain? Any info about a specific program you may have installed?

Another trick is to look at the date modified and go in the uninstall a program wizard and match the date with a program installed. If the dates match, the file is most likely associated with that program.

3. Ankit

Ankit Thread Starter

I have done a print screen of the files Perflog, bdlog, cfa911942012.. and lv which I have attached . I still have no clue what these are. Is it safe to delete? Please help!

Attached Files:

4. Megabite

Megabite

You can delete the Perflogs files if you want but they probably are not taking any space up.

folder is created by Performance Information and Tools, and Reliability and Performance Monitor that tests and measures your system score rating and performance to save the recorded files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059850