Don't know what this is...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etheth

I got this device with something else I bought. I don't know what it was. I also never knew what it was. Maybe you guys can tell by this picture. The cable coming off of it goes into my firewire card.

valis

It's a Dell.

seriously, though, I have no clue. Looks like an RCA splitter, but I can't tell due to the green hue.

etheth

Sorry. That's night vision. I will explain what it says on it. One side of ports says IN and the other says OUT both sides have RCA ports and also an S Video port. What is an RCA splitter?

valis

on the bottom is there a model number, or something similar?

etheth

No. Trust me, I would use that to look it up if there was one. Do you want me to tell you how many prongs the part that goes into the computer has?

valis

my first guess would be that it is some sort of adapter to hook your laptop/pc to the television. That would explain the rca ports. I dunno, though. Never seen one of those before. Where'd ya get it? May ask them.

etheth

I found out that the cable indeed has some text on it. However, I have done searches with no luck.
Here it is:

"E166307 (Weird symbal that I took a picture of. I will call it RU. A picture is below) RU AWM 2919 30AWG 80*C 30V WV-1 LOW VOLTAGE COMPUTER CABLE LIN SHIUNG"

Here is the picture of the RU:

valis

think that's just specs for the cable, to be honest....

etheth

You don't think there's a model number on it? Does anyone else know what this is?

Looks like a Video In (for Video Capture) and Video Out.
Hence the In and Out.

RCA Audio (L+R channels) and RCA Video both in and out.

S-Video both In and Out.

OK, the attachment is gone, I can't see it. But minus the firewire thing, could it be a component to S-video adapter?

etheth

Do you think it needs a driver and how will I get my system to recognise it?

valis

plug it in and see what happens.....I still think it's something for television....chances are XP has the driver already....but again, plug it in, and see what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online