Don't know where to ask this question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cheryl

I was curious - I checked out Road Runner for internet provider possibility. It sounds good! We have Dish Satellite TV - and I was wondering if anyone knows if they offer internet access.

I'm sorry if I picked the wrong forum to ask this question. If so - please redirect me.

Thank you.

Have you got that right?
Seventy dollars per month?

I have heard that internet access through the television
is restricted to sites that the TV companies choose to include.

John

Brooks

That is what they had on thier website. I was curious and took a look around. Seemed rather steep to me. The only thing I can think of, is that they service areas that are way out in the country where even dialup service is crappy.

No that price of 70 bucks is correct! They have a market niche they exploit. If cable service and DSL is not available, in walks the
Satellite to fill the void. They will give you a break if you also sign up for there digital TV and Audio channels. This situation does not have to be out in the boonies either. Many Small suburbs of cities do not have Digital cable access (which requires fiber optics) and are greater than three miles out from the switching station for DSL so they are also vunerable. If you have Cable or DSL opportunities either can be a better choice. Although I am biased
since I have cable. Supply\logistics and demand plays a big part in this story.
Dave

I had a look at the Roadrunner website,and it seems you
can use them if you have an upgraded cable system.

QUOTE:
Road Runner is delivered to your computer over the same
upgraded cable systems that currently bring cable
television into your home.
ENDQUOTE.

From..... http://rrcorp.central.rr.com/hso/whatis.asp

They must assume that you wouldn't ask unless you have
an upgraded cable system bringing television into
your home.

John

John
You are correct. If you can receive Roadrunners Digital cable (which requires fiber optics) you can use there Roadrunner service. They had to string all new cabling out by us to offer Digital.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online