1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Don't know where to ask this question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Cheryl, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

I was curious - I checked out Road Runner for internet provider possibility. It sounds good! We have Dish Satellite TV - and I was wondering if anyone knows if they offer internet access.

I'm sorry if I picked the wrong forum to ask this question. If so - please redirect me.

Thank you.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

4. john1

john1

Have you got that right?
    Seventy dollars per month?

I have heard that internet access through the television
    is restricted to sites that the TV companies choose to include.

John

5. Brooks

Brooks Guest

That is what they had on thier website. I was curious and took a look around. Seemed rather steep to me. The only thing I can think of, is that they service areas that are way out in the country where even dialup service is crappy.

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

No that price of 70 bucks is correct! They have a market niche they exploit. If cable service and DSL is not available, in walks the
    Satellite to fill the void. They will give you a break if you also sign up for there digital TV and Audio channels. This situation does not have to be out in the boonies either. Many Small suburbs of cities do not have Digital cable access (which requires fiber optics) and are greater than three miles out from the switching station for DSL so they are also vunerable. If you have Cable or DSL opportunities either can be a better choice. Although I am biased
    since I have cable. Supply\logistics and demand plays a big part in this story.
    Dave

7. john1

john1

I had a look at the Roadrunner website,and it seems you
    can use them if you have an upgraded cable system.

QUOTE:
    Road Runner is delivered to your computer over the same
    upgraded cable systems that currently bring cable
    television into your home.
    ENDQUOTE.

From..... http://rrcorp.central.rr.com/hso/whatis.asp

They must assume that you wouldn't ask unless you have
    an upgraded cable system bringing television into
    your home.

John

8. Davey7549

Davey7549

John
    You are correct. If you can receive Roadrunners Digital cable (which requires fiber optics) you can use there Roadrunner service. They had to string all new cabling out by us to offer Digital.
    Dave

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice