1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

don't know whgat to do USB driver :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by play1998, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

i am fixing a computer that windows crashed on it, so i formated that baby all is good but man now after i installed winxp the usb device is not working i can't get it installed i mean the root hub is there 3 of them and but there is one that could not be installed, i reformatted again thinking that it was a bad setup and still same issue guys what can i try , they are viatech usb controler i don't know what to di can someone help i need to go and get it fixed today but i don't know what else to try :(

thanks

Ed

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suspect that you need a separate driver for the VIA USB hardware, it's not part of the Windows standard distribution. Is this on the MB? If so, try the MB CD or their website.

3. pronute

pronute

4. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

hey thansk man ill try it when i get to the location man i hope this works :)

Ed

5. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

guys what about if that does not work waht else can i try ?? i am desperate i never ahd this cituation before

6. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

hey guys i found out what the problem was, it was nothing with the drivers it was with the OS. i believe that usb2.0 need sp1 on win xp in order to work with the computer if not no work :) just wnated to let everyone know :)

thank all

ED

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice