1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Don't mess with the dark net!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lance1, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

That's what i get for being curious. I downloaded the Tor browser, and it took over ALL my net access. No matter what Browser I use, it takes over! I've learned my lesson. A warning.. Stay away from the Dark net, Under net and the free net... I'm recovering with a Ghost a month ago. Don't My mistake...

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

The Tor browser isn't the dark net. Sounds like you downloaded and installed something else.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I agree with Tony. I have the Tor browser installed and use it occasionally when I want a different view to that supplied by FF or IE.

4. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

I beg to differ gentlemen. Here's some information for you to get acquainted with Tor and the The Darknet Tor is the software that is needed to gain access to that network of personal servers around the world.

5. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

I'm not going to click on a link I don't know. Tor Browser can be used to access illegal sites. But it doesn't install anything additional that makes a link or causes issues.

6. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

I put the link there for information sake. If you want to sit in your own ignorance, that's your choice....

7. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Wow. Harsh. I've used TOR before. It's not evil. It's mostly just slow. I think you or someone who uses your computer went somewhere they shouldn't have.

8. trogdo

trogdo

Has Lance1's account been hijacked? I didn't expect a member of over ten years and with so many posts to spew such nonsense.

9. valis

valis Moderator

Its tor. Its not malware. And you both need to relax. :)

thanks,

v

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice