Don't want APP to load on second desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redeye53

I have XP Pro.
I use a Visioneer OneTouch scanner. It's software automatically loads onto both desktops. If I don't open my wife's desktop and close the APP, it will not work on my desktop.
Ideally, I'd like it to work in both places but would sure settle for it not loading onto my wife's desktop at all.

EYE

redeye53

Originally posted by DaveBurnett:
How is it and the machines connected?
Is it XP Pro on the other machine?

Same machine, I have it setup so that my wife and I have our own separate desktops.

redeye53

Originally posted by Mr_Webmaster:
Set it to not load up at startup. You could use msconfig to change that.
Taking into consideration the fact that I want it to load on one desktop but not the other......
Can you give me step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this?

So you want it to start-up automaticlly on only one username?

Remove it's start-up entries, keeping in mind the file used to start it up, and put a shortcut to the file above in your start-up folder (C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)

redeye53

Originally posted by Mr_Webmaster:
So you want it to start-up automaticlly on only one username?

Remove it's start-up entries, keeping in mind the file used to start it up, and put a shortcut to the file above in your start-up folder (C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)

Yes, correct...start on only one username.....
There is a related entry in the start-up folder for the desktop that i wish the utility to run on. I checked the start-up folder of the other desktop and do not see a related entry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts