1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Don't Want To Mess Up!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by enchantressg, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. enchantressg

enchantressg Thread Starter

I had to reinstall my Windows 98 Everything is now running smoothly on my computer. But I have some unwanted files I want out. It came with the install. It is the additional online services. I have an internet provider and don't need any other. I removed them when it was first installed years and years agobut for the life of me I can't remeber how to do it safely. Any help would be apprecaite it.... Thank You, Gayla

2. 911

What are the files ? If they are programs that have been installed, go to START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL and scroll to "Add/Remove Programs" Sc roll down the list to find what you want to get rid of, Select it (click on it), then click the Add/Remove button.

3. junker39

junker39

You can delete the Online Services folder with no problems. I do the same thing. It doesn't really take any hard drive space but I like to not see it also.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Once you make a Windows reinstall, it will add folders, icons, and Start menu items that you don't need or want. It's part of the "cleaning up" process after the reinstall. Just make sure not to delete anything crucial. The Online Services folder can definitely go. It's outdated anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice