1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Doom 3 and ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'Games' started by arewtee, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arewtee

arewtee Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a problem playing my new game Doom 3 (well new to me).

I have found that a memory conflict exists between the firewall and Doom 3.

Basicly if the firewall is on Doom 3 has a memory crash after a few minutes and if the fire wall is off then it doesnt crash at all.

I am hoping someone knows enough for me to maybe adjust ZoneAlarm or my computer so I can play the game. I am too paranoid to play the game while the firewall is off. I have DSL.

I have a home made MSI mb, sempron 3600, 2 gigs, nvidia 6800, xp home service pack 1 (and i like it that way)

Maybe someone here will know as the ZoneAlarm site wasnt any help really (well they suggested I upgrade my version of ZoneAlarm but I HATE the new version of ZoneAlarm) I just want a very basic firewall that is free lol.

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone replys to this.

Richard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice