1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Doom 3 wont play

Discussion in 'Games' started by Master_chief, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Master_chief

Master_chief Thread Starter

i installed the game and when i tryed to run it it gave me and error message
    "Please insert Doom 3 disk 1, select OK and restart application" i hav disk one in my cd drive but it still doesnt play the game

2. Abomonog

Abomonog

First off, you do have the origonal CD's and not copies, right?

Be SURE you have disk one, this is not nessesarily the first disk you used in the install.

Could also be that you forgot to switch out disks after you installed it, meaning that you currently have disk 3 in your drive.

Turn your cd roms DMA setting off/ or on, whatever setting it is currently not on. that often helps.

If all else fails, try another CD rom drive.

3. mrdobalina

mrdobalina

are you still having this problem? i get the same problem and i think it is related to the chipset and windows xp. what motherboard/chipset do you have? a quick workaround that i used is downloading a crack. please view my thread and tell me if you have problems with any of the same games and what mobo/chipset you have, i am curious.

4. beanmaster1

beanmaster1

Dude, do you have the original or pirated version? If it's the pirated version, then you got to crack it..

5. grantmg

grantmg

SAME FRIGGIN PROBLEM HERE with my GIGABYTE motherboard and in XP. I can only play DOOM3 in Windows 2000 Pro. Gigabyte and XP need to have a meeting. Also, DOOM3 is the official version, not pirated.

-grant

6. grantmg

grantmg

Wow, okay this worked for me:
    Change transfer modes on all cd drives in XP to PIO.

All games run great now.
    HOPE THAT HELPS!

7. TrademarkTM

TrademarkTM

How do u do that?

8. grantmg

grantmg

Go into DEVICE MANAGER, and find your IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS. Double-click your chipset driver there (or secondary IDE if you have it listed) and it should be under the ADVANCED SETTING tab (It's the Tab that includes information on DMA modes). You should see options to change mode to "PIO".

9. TrademarkTM

TrademarkTM

i have two primarys and two secondarys so i just did it to all of them... there just listed as
    Primary IDE Channel
    Primary IDE Channel
    Secondary IDE Channel
    Secondary IDE Channel
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
    VIA Bus Master IDE Controller

thats everything in IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers :)

10. grantmg

grantmg

DO NOT MESS WITH PRIMARIES, your cd drives should only be on the secondaries...so change your primaries back to UDMA.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/300802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice