Doom III lag

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

x_saosin_x

i have been playing doom III but it lags alittle when you move around.

im running,

AMD64 3000+
1 gig ram
geforce fx 5500 256mg
sony dvd rom
plenty of free space

it well over the minimum requirement.

wounder if anybody else experiences this slowness?

thanks

I haven't played the game and seems like you have enough ram, did you install the ram recently or did it come with the computer?

x_saosin_x

i installed it arround november.

its deffantly seated propperly and is reconised in my system.

Oh, because I was wondering if it's a BIOS problem...How old is your computer (or your BIOS if you know?)

Could be driver issue?
Try lowing the resolution and graphic details of the game and also try using drivers from the 6X.xx series of drivers. The latest drivers (8x.xx series) are geared more towards the 7800 cards and are not very stable at the best of times. You may also want to try out XtremeG tweak driver sets.
You may also want to try out a neat little tool called "PCI Latency Tool 3.1 v2" and lower the AGP latency to 128 (Read up before you use it ok?)

Last thing.............lol

Disable "Fastwrites" in your Bios.

Nurdle

**Modded Bit**
You should also try turning off "Vertical Sync" in the nvidia control panel or from within the game. Also try lowering shadow resolution. These have the most impact on GFX cards.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online