1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Doom3 and LOTR:BME Reboots

Discussion in 'Games' started by THoey, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THoey

THoey Thread Starter

I have been getting intermittent reboots lately. I can only remember getting them while playing Doom 3 and Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, but I may have had it once otherwise. I have looked at the event viewer and nothing shows there that might have caused it.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what could be causing it?

My PC Specs:

MB - INTEL SKT775 ATX INTEL 965WHMKR DDR2
    Processor - 775P E6600 2.4GHz CORE 2 DUO 1066MHz 4MG
    RAM - DDR2 PC5300 1GB DIMM 667MHz (X2)
    Video - PCI-E 512MG 7600GS
    TV Tuner - TV TUNER XPERT PCI KWORLD
    HD - SATA2 160GB WD 7200
    DVD - DVD+/-RW 16X LITE-ON BLACK W/NERO (X2)
    OS - XP Pro with future Vista upgrade (maybe)

2. Jones

Jones

It's possible that your PSU isn't sufficient for the card you're using. Please post the make and model of the PSU you have.

Also, overheating can cause this problem as well. What kind of temperatures are you getting on your video card during play?

3. britkev1

britkev1

I had a problem like this on my old machine. It would crash after a short while of playing. IT turned out to be a heat issue. I gave it a good clean and it solved the problem. A can of compressed air will do wonders :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice