Doom3 and LOTR:BME Reboots

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

THoey

I have been getting intermittent reboots lately. I can only remember getting them while playing Doom 3 and Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, but I may have had it once otherwise. I have looked at the event viewer and nothing shows there that might have caused it.

Any suggestions on what to look for or what could be causing it?

My PC Specs:

MB - INTEL SKT775 ATX INTEL 965WHMKR DDR2
Processor - 775P E6600 2.4GHz CORE 2 DUO 1066MHz 4MG
RAM - DDR2 PC5300 1GB DIMM 667MHz (X2)
Video - PCI-E 512MG 7600GS
TV Tuner - TV TUNER XPERT PCI KWORLD
HD - SATA2 160GB WD 7200
DVD - DVD+/-RW 16X LITE-ON BLACK W/NERO (X2)
OS - XP Pro with future Vista upgrade (maybe)

It's possible that your PSU isn't sufficient for the card you're using. Please post the make and model of the PSU you have.

Also, overheating can cause this problem as well. What kind of temperatures are you getting on your video card during play?

I had a problem like this on my old machine. It would crash after a short while of playing. IT turned out to be a heat issue. I gave it a good clean and it solved the problem. A can of compressed air will do wonders :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online