DOS boot disk doesn't see hard drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeaviator

hello, i have windows xp professional and 2 hard drives - c (duh) and d. both drives are FAT32, so i know NTFS is NOT the problem. when i use a pure DOS boot disk, i get the good old A:\> but when i try to access C or D, it says "Invalid drive specified." it's been so long since i've used DOS, i can't for the life of me remember how to get it to recognize hard drives. it's at the tip of my brain, but i just can't get it. thanks for any thoughts!

justin

Howdy joeaviator...

Is this a pure DOS ( maybe dos 6.22 ) boot disk, or a W98 DOS boot disk ?

Reason I'm asking is, I think DOS 6.22 and below (could be wrong though ) still used FAT 16, and wouldn't see a FAT 32 drive...

joeaviator

ok that makes a lot more sense now. it *is* pure dos....and i believe it happens to be 6.22. thank you for your reply!

j

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online