1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dos Boot Disk ?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Wogster, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Hi there, I need to flash my BIOS, they give all the explanation, just up to the part of how to make a DOS boot disk. I guess the manufactures of the AWARD BIOS assume that everyone learnt how to use a computer during the days of dos.
    Could someone please explain in detail how I'm to make one.
    I've recently flashed my videocard Bios and now it's alot better than before. Thanks in advance.

2. mtbird

mtbird

You can go here..........

http://bootdisk.com/

and download the Dr.Dos 7.x bios flash disk.

Debe

3. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Thanks Debe. Really : - ]

4. mtbird

mtbird

Glad we could help :)

Debe

5. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Hi Debe... If you woulddn't mind me asking, I have a rather old Intel PII 434 MHz 224 mbs ram, and 15 gig HDD machine, my Mainboard is a Shuttle HOT 661. Could you yourself point me in the right direction to help me speed up my machine? who or where do I go in here for answwers? I'm very new here, and cannot afford a new computer, and would rather speed-up what I have. Would putting more memory help ?

6. mtbird

mtbird

You have plenty of memory installed. If it's running slow, then it may just need some good cleaning. We could take a look at what you have starting up. See if you have unnecessary programs starting when your computer starts and running in the background. It will also give us a chance to look for any spyware that might have gotten installed. All these things can relate to a slowdown.
    Go here...........

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/index.html

and download the Startup list program. Run it and it will create a text file that you can copy and paste in your reply for us to see.

I might not be around later, but someone will be glad to help you.

Debe

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice