1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DOS commands

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Frank Bell, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frank Bell

Frank Bell Thread Starter

I have a W98 machine on which the operating system has crashed, and I'm going to have to reload W98. I can't boot to the hard disk, so I've booted using the emergency diskette, and am saving files to a zip drive. I need to use some DOS commands which aren't available, such as DELTREE, and XCOPY. How can I make those DOS commands work in this situation?

2. pvc9

pvc9

3. Frank Bell

Thanks... but a question. That link says that those files are STRICTLY for use with W95. Ok to use them with W98?

4. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Win98 or Win98SE?

I don't know if it matters WIN95 or Win98 or Win98SE, but I have both of those files for any one of the 3 Operating Systems.

Let me know the O.S and I will attach them in the next few minutes if you like. They're pretty small files.

:D

5. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

In fact ..... here they are for Windows98 SE

Rename the file to UTILS.ZIP.

:p

Attached Files:

6. Frank Bell

Ok... thanks. The system is W98... I assume these will be fine for that?

7. Frank Bell

And just out of curiosity... why transmit them as .txt, and rename to .zip, as opposed to sending them as .zip in the first place?

8. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

You can only attach files here that are under 204k and only with the following extensions; gif jpg png txt bmp jpeg
    Keeps the server from overloading, and prevents infections.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice