DOS commands

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Frank Bell

I have a W98 machine on which the operating system has crashed, and I'm going to have to reload W98. I can't boot to the hard disk, so I've booted using the emergency diskette, and am saving files to a zip drive. I need to use some DOS commands which aren't available, such as DELTREE, and XCOPY. How can I make those DOS commands work in this situation?

Frank Bell

Thanks... but a question. That link says that those files are STRICTLY for use with W95. Ok to use them with W98?

LANMaster

Banned
Win98 or Win98SE?

I don't know if it matters WIN95 or Win98 or Win98SE, but I have both of those files for any one of the 3 Operating Systems.

Let me know the O.S and I will attach them in the next few minutes if you like. They're pretty small files.

:D

LANMaster

Banned
In fact ..... here they are for Windows98 SE

Rename the file to UTILS.ZIP.

:p

Attachments

Frank Bell

And just out of curiosity... why transmit them as .txt, and rename to .zip, as opposed to sending them as .zip in the first place?

LANMaster

Banned
You can only attach files here that are under 204k and only with the following extensions; gif jpg png txt bmp jpeg
Keeps the server from overloading, and prevents infections.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online