1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DOS display problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JasonBourne, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JasonBourne

JasonBourne Thread Starter

Was downloading a few old DOS games that I found and I have been having problems running them. The top third of the game screen appears at the bottom of my screen, with the rest above it. (if that makes any sense). Apart from this, I have no other problems running the program. Someone told me to try runnning the display in 8 bit (or 256 colour mode) but this hasn't produced any results. I have toyed around with the properties menu for DOS but I can't seem to sort it out. Can anyone help?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

Well not knowing anything about the computer you are running makers this a little bit difficult. If you could post some system specs on this computer it would be nice.

3. JasonBourne

Ok then, thanks for the welcome.

I'm running a Dell Dimension PC with a Pentium 4 3GHz processor and 500 mb of RAM and I have Windows XP. Do you need anything more specific?

4. JasonBourne

Ok so I downloaded DOSbox and the game now runs ok and the screen is fine, but then when I try and switch to full screen mode it goes back to the same problem. Any takers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice