DOS Drivers for a cd Rom Interface card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrTaz

Hi..... I'm trying to locate Dos drivers for a CD ROM Interface card (PCMCIA)... My Problem is a dell Laptop that only has an external Cd Rom... The operating System was erased and to re-install the new operating System I need to load the drivers for the PCMCIA card or find another methode to install the operating system..... can anyone please help......

If you can identify the PMCIA card you can probably find the drivers it had using the internet and load them to floppy. Then you could modify the regular boot floppy (if you are using 98) to load the cdrom drivers.

Or you could get a IDE drive adaptor which will let you hookup the laptop hard drive to a regular IDE port on another computer and copy all the setup\cab files to the laptop drive. Then move it back to the laptop to finish the instalation.

Something like this adaptor

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ku=C184-17705&SRCCODE=BIZRATE&CMP=OTC-BIZRATE

MrTaz

Lurker1 said:
If you can identify the PMCIA card you can probably find the drivers it had using the internet and load them to floppy. Then you could modify the regular boot floppy (if you are using 98) to load the cdrom drivers.

Or you could get a IDE drive adaptor which will let you hookup the laptop hard drive to a regular IDE port on another computer and copy all the setup\cab files to the laptop drive. Then move it back to the laptop to finish the instalation.

Something like this adaptor

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ku=C184-17705&SRCCODE=BIZRATE&CMP=OTC-BIZRATE
Hi Mr Lurker1. :)

How are you.... Well I already try laptop to IDE port adaptor..... It didnt work.... I install windows Xp on the Laptop Hard drive, It work fine in the desktop computer but when I install the hard drive in the laptop it dont work.. I get some kind of Error "NTLDR Missing" dont know what this means.... You mention about copying the set up cab files where can i find these files

The cab files are for windows 98. XP as you have seen doesnt like to be transfered by hard drive between two different systems. With 98 you could transfer the loaded hard drive and expect the system to at least boot to safe mode. Was XP the original operating system you had on the laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online