1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DOS Error message

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by sstephens, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sstephens

sstephens Thread Starter

I have recently replaced a harddrive in my computer, however, I get a Invalid System Disk Replace disk, and then press any key. I have fdisked the drive to make sure that I have an active partition, I have ran sys on the c drive and I have also partition the drive so that it is split 6 gig and 2 gig. The drive is 10 gig however it will not read all 10. This is not a big problem. I just want it to boot without having to put in a floppy drive. Any suggestions!!!

2. rugrat

rugrat

sstephens

Welcome to TSG!
    What operating system have you installed? Untill the os is on the drive, it will not boot.

SeeYa

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy there sstephens...

MS DOS has a problem booting on drives above 2 gig, when you did the Sys c:, was it on the 2 gig or 6 gig partition ( and remember, the 2 gig partition has to be the first partition )?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice