DOS icon not wanted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

quetzal9

I am running Windows XP Home and am having a problem making a specific photo editor (Arcsoft's PhotoStudio 5.5) the default program for opening image files stored in the 'My Pictures' folder in My Computer.

When I first attempted to achieve it, I right-clicked on an image in 'My Pictures' and selected "Open With". I then Browsed to C:/ProgramFiles/Arcsoft/PhotoStudio 5.5/PhotoStudio.exe and clicked on Open.

OK, the PhotoStudio name appeared in the Folder options, but not the PhotoStudio icon. Instead I got the DOS icon. When I then clicked on OK, I was told that the image is not a valid WIN32 application. So, obviously Windows XP is not recognising the program. However, I am able to open the program (and import images) OK from the Desktop.

I was able to make the earlier Arcsoft PhotoStudio 2000 program the default image opener. Can you tell me why I am unable to do the same with PhotoStudio 5.5?

Why don't you just go into "photo studio 5.5" and then File-Open-My Pictures or something similar?

quetzal9

Yes I could do that. . . and I do.

My question was and remains: Why am I unable to make PhotoStudio 5.5 the default picture opener, for example for e-mail attachments, downloaded images from my camera and pictures sent to me on CD. Can you explain why I cannot achieve an association from 'Open With' to any of my images?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online