1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dos lockup

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by dougie2000, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougie2000

dougie2000 Thread Starter

i just bought a used acer extensa and when it tries to boot up it locks up after memory check if i am quick i can hit f2 and get to the bios and everything looks ok it has win95 as the o/s. how can i get it to get past memory check and into dos??any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Try removing all the extras on the computer and just install the floppy drive. Set all the IDE drives to none in bios and be sure that the system is set to boot to the floppy disk first. Put a dos boot disk in the drive and see if you can get to an A: prompt.

Was the computer sold as working? You probably would get more responces to this if it were posted in the hardware section.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice