DOS mode problems???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RCLang64

i really need some help here. i have windows 2000 pro right now and i can't get my computer to start up in DOS mode. i press F8 at the startup and the options it gives me doesn't allow me to start in DOS. i need to format my hard drive and re-install windows 2000 pro. i tried formatting it using the command prompt, but that didn't work. i just need to know how to start in DOS so i can format my c: drive. PLEASE HELP ME

If you have Win2k Pro running or you have another system running, you will need to create a Win2k boot disk. You will need 4 empty-formatted disk and on the Win2k pro CD you will need to browse to folder called "bootdisk" open it. then launch the makeboot.exe. This will create the boot disk for you.

Therefore, when you are done you will need to place the bootdisk #1 in to the floppy drive and reboot your machine. this will bootup from the floppy and will walk you through formatting and recreating your partition for your fresh install of Windows2000.

Good luck!
CF

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online