dose winxp not support keyboards or something?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zerocyde0

Keyboard was working just fine, now nothing.

Tried usin a diff keyboard, nothing.

No keyboard in the device manager.

Install a generic keyboard!!! ..........no. No keyboard, ANYWHERE in add new hardware list. Even looked through all of manufactuors list for "Show all devces."

I think maybe winxp dont support keyboards! :)

ANY help would own. heh, own.

Sorry for wonderfull grammer, spelling, and sentance structre... It's the Handy-Dandy On-Screen Keyboard.

Zerocyde0

*nod*
Affarmtive sir. Nadda results.

I was thnkin that it might help if i d/L a generic keyoard driver, and installed that, but havent found one.

Tushman

Banned
If there is no option to install Keyboard in the Add/Remove Hardware, then I suspect there is something corrupt in the OS itself. You could either boot up w/the WinXP CD and choose the option that says "Repair this installation of XP"

Second option is to press F8 when your computer boots up and instead of selecting Safe Mode, select the "Last Known Good Configuration Mode".

Or you can use XPs handy restore feature - provided you have one to revert to before the snafu occured.

You can also check MSKB and see if you find any hits. I just typed in 'keyboard problems' for the search phrase and got this:

http://support.microsoft.com/search...dType=ANY&maxResults=25&Titles=false&numDays=

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Try Safe mode - if you can get the boot menu to come up then the keyboard and PS2 connector are ok. Is the Keyboard the round connector or USB? If USB, is USB enabled in the bios?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts