Double big problem now...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

westbroma

You may have seen the thread i created before, and couldn't respond because when tested the gfx in my old computer, it failed to boot to windows, with the same problem as my main computer. Same problem on both computers now, and the mobo vga port on the old wont even work now, which it did before - fried?

Good Evening Westbroma, is there any possibility you might have swapped components between machines.
This kind of problem is possible if a Video card is damaged and swapped to another machine, kind of like possibly killing two motherboards, it is one of the penalties for swapping components, In view of the incredible complexity involving tens of millions of extremely sensitive electrical device components it dose happen from time to time.
The easiest way to begin troubleshooting these kinds of problems is using a simple PCI video card 2 megs is ideal. These are available at swap meets for a $1 each kind of prices but are invaluable as problem analysis.
Always observe proper elecrostatic rules and ensure power is removed from any machine you work on. It is so easy to kill cards or boards.
By the way if you may have reset the BIOS or have a flat battery it is possible your onboard video may be disabled. Some machines need a setting to be made, some automatically know when a card is fitted. Some just become cantankerous!
Try sweet talking it !!
Qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online