1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

double emails on microsoft outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Deenie, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deenie

Deenie Thread Starter

My outlook receives only double emails... can you help me get rid of this? I don't have viruses.. I want to be single again

2. Deke40

Deke40

Try this:

To stop the duplicates, simply choose one option or the other, but not both. Click Tools | Options, then remove the check mark for "When starting, go directly to my 'Inbox' folder" OR the check mark for "Send and receive messages at startup". If you already have duplicates showing, click Tools | Synchronize Account or Synchronize All.

3. Perfesser

Perfesser

I used to have this problem, but it seems to have been corrected by setting the 'check for mail every xx minutes' to 10 minutes.
    We did notice that the duplicates came in a minute or two apart at the most so I suspect the problem was that the wife had that setting at one minute (don't know WHY) and the server didn't have time to mark the message as read and delete it before this machine asked for mail again. The 2 settings Deke mentioned are both selected.

4. Deke40

Deke40

Sorry about that. I left part of the post out. My answer was if your Hotmail was your default mail.

Double Email Messages

That can happen if your Hotmail or IMAP account is the default mail account and OE is configured to both open directly to the Inbox (which downloads headers automatically) and check for new messages when starting (which also downloads headers automatically). To stop the duplicates, simply choose one option or the other, but not both. Click Tools | Options, then remove the check mark for "When starting, go directly to my 'Inbox' folder" OR the check mark for "Send and receive messages at startup". If you already have duplicates showing, click Tools | Synchronize Account or Synchronize All.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/158810