1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Double Messages In Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by xrated, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

I got a question....why am i gettin my email messages doubled?? For instance, today i recieved 129 emails, and they were all doubled. So if I got one email that said "Contact Me" there would be another one that said that as well. So i have 2 of every email message. Whats up with that??

Also, i dont know how, but when i emptied out the "deleted items" bin, a lot of my new email messages were deleted as well. There was an important email there. Is there any way i can get those emails back and/or prevent this from happening? Thanks in Advance.

2. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Was this with a Hotmail account???...This is caused by having two conflicting (not the right word) things...You need to ewither 1) UNcheck option to Go directly to my inbox or 2) Uncheck option to "Send and receive message at startup"..OE>Tools>Options>General(tab) for both options

Re: 2nd part of the question..Yes if you haven't compacted your folders you can recover virtually ANYTHING(message) in OE using DBXTract----->DBXTract (free) ...But I have to ask why an "important" message was in the deleted items folder..

3. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

yea it was with Hotmail...i unchecked "Send and receive message at startup" . I hope that solves the problem. And about the important email being on the deleted items' folder, i have no idea. I deleted a lot of the double messages, and then since i had like 100 deleted emails, i emptied the folder. But the important email was not in the folder, it was an unread message in the inbox. I have no idea how it got deleted but yea....thanks a ton ;)

4. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Should work ok for ya....Is the mail still on www.hotmail.com web?? If you haven't opened OE since and connected to hotmail it's possibly still there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice