1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dover Clip Art - which ext. allows image to be overlayed?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by guster2010, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guster2010

guster2010 Thread Starter

I am new to digital scrapbooking. I purchased a Dover clip art cd and I want to be able to save the images so that I can create cards and flyers, overlaying images so that the bottom image can be seen "behind" the top image.

The images are jpg. I want to import them into my program (PrintMaster2012) and have the "white" space around and throughout the image be gone, so that only the image is imported. I have purchased clip art from etsy where they are in a .png format and I can overlay images. When I save the Dover image as .png, it still shows the white area.

What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Not sure yet ... I'd like to see one of the images
    Can you attach one of the png images here ???

3. hewee

hewee

When you go to save use the "save-as" and see if you have an option to save with a transparency.

Also even if a image has a transparency on some image viewer the transparency part will be white or black or maybe pink because they are not made to show the transparency. So your have to look at them in a image program that will show if they have a transparency or not.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Why not Crop the picture to just what you want, this will remove the extra white border and should work on any image format
    I see that Print Master can crop .. 1:15 into this Tutorial

5. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

PNG files support transparency, but they don't have to have any pixels which are actually transparent.
    Consider these two copies of my coin logo: both are PNG files. The first has transparency all around it, the second just has white all around it.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068374