1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

down load problems

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by kissingwolf, Feb 6, 2005.

1. kissingwolf

kissingwolf Thread Starter

I have been down loading a camera manual from a web site. I have mozilla firefox as a protection for my computer. when I down load the manual from the site I do not get the manual but looks like the program. I do not know what is wrong Kissingwolf

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    depends on how the manual is formated - it may be a .exe which will automatically extract the manual - or the manual may be in web format and the .exe extracts all the files

post a link

3. hewee

hewee

Can you post links to the site and what you downloaded.

Just a guess but if may be a .PDF file so your need to install Adobe Reader or you could get " Foxit PDF Reader " that is very small and all you have to do is unzip it to it's own folder and click on the PDFReader.exe. There no install on this and the program is fast.
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!