How can i downlaod os x.
Thanks
Vishal Gaurav

#3 ·
vishal99 said:
How can i downlaod os x.
Thanks
Vishal Gaurav

It's a fairly easy process. And it is one that existed long before the Internet was around. It involves several steps, though, so you may want to print this out for easy reference.

You can go to the store (the "server" or a "mirror" site) and download it from the shelf where it sits (the "server location," perhaps) into your shopping cart (your "download folder," if you will), at which point you take it to the point of sale, upload it to the clerk, she will ring up the sale and then will receive whatever form of payment you wish to use (you do want to pay for a product you're going to use, right?), and then you can again download it from her, probably in a plastic bag (a new "download folder," if you will).

Be warned that upon exiting the store you will probably have to upload it to a security person (a "virus checker," if you like) who will verify that what you have in your hands (your "peripheral devices," if it makes you happy to think of them this way) is what the receipt says you have (we'd hate for someone to be accused of theft, after all), and that no other items attached themselves to your download of choice), at which point you will be able to again download it (likely into the same "download folder" where you already had stored it).

Next you take it home where your computer awaits, open the box, insert the disk, and start the installation process. At the end of the process you can enjoy the Mac OS, and be happy that you have meaningfully contributed to the free market system, and have provided some of the funds that will be used for further development of the Mac OS.

It sounds more complicated than it really is.

#4 ·
or you can follow Vegas' directions and just change install to "download" since you are downloading the data on to your computer. (only in your preception of the word, it does not actually connect to the internet and download the product on your hard drive although that would be one hilarious waste of a D.V.D.)

still another way is to download windows vista and enjoy a less-stable more-malware prone version of 10.4! (with rediculous system requirements)

#5 ·
Yeah, I think this person was looking for a way to violate the law and get a copy without having to purchase a license therefore. That's sort of what I was getting at.

I'll be truly surprised if I'm wrong, but I welcome being proved wrong, at least in this case.

#7 ·
#1. I removed your email address from your post so you won't get spammed.

#2. As has already been pointed out. You cannot legally download OSX. It is against the forum rules to help pirate software. This thread is closed.

#3. Please read the forum rules before posting again:

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.